There’s so much on offer at your doorstep, across the Harbour or take a drive and visit the many attractions of the Hunter Valley.
- Fishing, beach, breakwater and nearby rivers
- Various walks: shipwreck, harbourside, coastal
- Stockton’s Sand Dunes –Stockton Beach, has some of the biggest, legally drivable, dunes in the country, ideal location to 4 wheel drive (permit required) . 4WD and quad bike tours available.
- Stockton Bight offers many recreational opportunities: bush-walking, horse-riding, angling, four-wheel driving, bird-watching, photography and ecotourism. Beneath the ground is the Stockton aquifer, a valuable store of fresh water. The historic wreck of the Sygna is marooned on the beach, and shell middens remind us of the importance of this area to the Worimi Aborigines.
- Surfing and Kite Surfing lessons
- Kayak hire and optional tours
- Kite flying
- Tandem hang gliding or H.G.F.A. approved flight courses available.
- Cycle Tours – 5 different mapped self guided cycle tours around the city of Newcastle.
- Ice skating
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Fighter World
- Oakvale Farm & Fauna World
- Back to nature at Blackbutt Reserve, Kooragang Wetland, Wetlands Centre Australia (Shortland).
- Various Golf Clubs situated within 30 minute drive of the park
- Stockton Bowling Club – Lawn Bowls
- Walks – Bathers Way, stretching from Nobby’s lighthouse to Glenrock Reserve, Bathers Way is a scenic 5km coastal walk. Newcastle East Heritage Walk a 3km easy walk. Other tour guided historical walks available.
- Civic Theatre
- Newcastle Museum
- Historical Fort Scratchley
- Art gallery
- Entertainment Centre
- Energy Australia Stadium (Newcastle Knights home ground)
- Gateway to the Hunter Valley experience things like Stockton Sand Dunes, Hunter Valley Gardens – 25 hectares of sensational sights colours and fragrances and the award winning vineyards
- Port Stephens
- Barrington Tops
- Historic Morpeth/East Maitland
- Maitland’s Walka Water Works a popular picnic and recreation area.
For more information please visit Newcastle Tourism www.visitnewcastle.com.au, Newcastle Tourism is conveniently located at 361 Hunter Street, Newcastle. Only a 10 minute walk from the Newcastle ferry terminal.